Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, February 28, 2011

It's a Good Day!

Mondays are not always known for being good days.  They tend to get a bad reputation as the day that signifies the end of the week-end and the beginning of yet another work week.  Well, chalk one up for Mondays because today was a good day for this household of Sanckens.

Zach:  Today marked the beginning of a week off of work and school for Zach.  He was only able to take one week off work after Staley was born due to the onset of the busy season for his department.  He has now lived through the most hectic work period of his entire year and is taking this week to spend at home with his family.  So today, instead of sitting in his cubicle making spread sheets, he spent the entire morning reading books, playing on the floor, and dancing with his daughter.  Now, as she naps, he is out for a run on this sunshiney day.  And on his agenda for the week...more of the same.  It's a good day to be Zach.


Ellen:  I fit into my real jeans!!!!  For the majority of my maternity leave, I've just been hanging out at home wearing comfy pants.  On the few occasions I've had to look more presentable, I've still had to wear maternity pants.  But today, I was able to wear my regular jeans.  Yes, they are my biggest and stretchiest pair.  Yes, they are still a little snug.  BUT...I was able to pull them up, button them, and zip them.  It's a good day to be Ellen.

Staley:  Staley has spent the day playing, dancing, reading, smiling, eating, getting her picture taken, napping, and looking cute.  It's always a good day to be Staley.


So to all you who didn't know it was possible...it's true.  Mondays can be good!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! For everyones good day! (oh, and I love Mondays- its my day off :) I meant to tell you that the other day when we saw you, Olivia commented "Aunt Ellen is tiny again!" Then she asked when I would be tiny again - lol. I hope as quickly as you are :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete