Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Smiling

It's official.  My baby girl has given us her first voluntary smile!  What a perfect day-before-Valentine's-Day gift from our daughter.  Staley has been doing cute smiles in her sleep and when she's eating since she was born.  Over the past week, she sometimes looked like she was on the verge of smiling at me when we'd be talking or playing.  This morning, Staley was lying awake in her co-sleeper when I woke up.  I started talking to her and she looked right at me and gave me several huge, open mouthed smiles in succession.  I woke up Zach quickly so he could see too.  However, by the time he grabbed the camera (because we are THOSE parents who want to capture every moment), her smiles were more subdued.  So this was the picture we got...


And as cute as this little smile is, I will always remember those first big smiles from my baby girl.  I can't wait to see more!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness what a sweet, sweet smile! If a tiny smile is this wonderful, the big ones must be dazzling.

    ReplyDelete