Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sometimes It's Hard Being a Baby

I've mentioned several times in my blog posts about how Staley has a mellow, happy personality.  I think I've used the phrase "rarely fussy" and have posted a variety of cute pictures of our happy, contented baby.  Today, Staley spent almost her entire morning showing us the other side of the coin.  She fussed and cried, cried and fussed.  We did everything we could think of to make her happy.  We held her and bounced her and patted her and changed her diaper and put her in her swing and laid her down and picked her up and talked and sang and read.  We even changed her outfit, thinking maybe she wasn't feeling the purple giraffe onesie.  The only thing that seemed to calm her was eating...and I can only do that for so long.  It is a very helpless feeling, not knowing what to do to make things better for your child.  I'm sure this is the first of many parenting moments where I eventually throw my hands up and say "I don't know."  So, when all else fails, you just have to take a deep breath, take out the camera, and capture the moment.


And after a good, long afternoon nap and a few full diapers, our happy Staley returned to us.  Thankfully!!









1 comment:

  1. Gas drops are a God send!! Maybe she just needed a good toot. (and to fill her diaper!)

    ReplyDelete