Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spoiled Rotten

No, I'm not talking about my baby girl being spoiled rotten.  I'm talking about Zach and I.  Staley has eased us into the world of parenthood so nicely, and I am not taking it for granted.  Staley was a good eater from the start, she is rarely fussy, and she is a great sleeper.  From about 4 days of age, Staley has been an amazing night time sleeper.  I would actually wake her up after 4 hours of sleep each night to make sure she was getting enough to eat.  However, after speaking with her pediatrician, he gave us permission to let her sleep at night as long as she would like.  She has put herself on a very nice schedule that includes 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night.  I know this is a blessing, and we appreciate it every morning when we wake up rested.  Hopefully her easy early infancy isn't setting us up for difficult toddler tantrums, toilet training troubles, or defiant teenage rebellion.  For now, however, we will just enjoy the moment and occasionally take the time to wake up and watch our little Sleeping Beauty...which, by the way, was one of several baby name suggestions from Livy (our 3 year old niece) along with Sarah, Pocahontis, and Rapunzel.





No comments:

Post a Comment