Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, February 21, 2011

Staley's Dedication

"I have stood in this place praying to the Lord.  I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.  So now I give him to the Lord."  (I Samuel 1: 26-28)

The biblical story of Hannah was one that I read countless times over the past few years.  Hannah was a woman who desperately wanted a child, yet was unable to have one, even as those around her had multiple children.  "In bitterness of soul, Hannah wept much and prayed to the Lord."  (I Samuel 1:10)  After years of praying for a child, Hannah was blessed with a son, Samuel, who she dedicated to the Lord.

Staley and Liam were both dedicated at church on Sunday.  Staley is truly a gift from God and an answer to our prayers.  The dedication service was an opportunity to acknowledge the gift of Staley's life and, in return, declare our promise back to God to raise her with Christian teachings and guide her towards a life dedicated to God.

Staley's dedication

Liam's Dedication

Zach's family after the service

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if you are a fan of handmade things, but I found this a couple weeks ago and thing it's the most precious thing ever! I so want to order 2 for my girls! Anyway, the verse you used made me think of this so I'd thought I'd share! Definitely worth looking at:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/67656545/childs-name-and-scripture-verse-custom?ref=v1_other_1

    ReplyDelete