Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, February 4, 2011

Story Time

Staley has a shelf full of children's books, so Zach and I have been reading to her on a regular basis.  Last night as I was getting ready for bed, Zach and Staley were hanging out together.  I heard Zach reading to Staley, which always puts a smile on my face.  However, as I listened closer, I realized that he was reading to her out of the textbook for his current MBA class.  Yup, that's right.  My daughter was wide awake and quietly listening as her father read to her from his "Information Systems" textbook.  Maybe I am holding her back with books like "Hop on Pop" and "Goodnight, Moon."  We might need to start adding some literary classics, history books, and medical journals into her repertoire.  If nothing else, she already knows more about information systems than I do!

1 comment:

  1. Read to her ALL the time! We read to Laynie from the start and she LOVES books to this day! Both girls do. And they both know so much more than they should at their ages--the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, animials--you name it, mostly due to books.
    You may also want to prepare yourself for baby #2 (if there is one in your future) being less accomodating to your sleep! Seems like you get one good one and one bad one. But for now, be thankful and enjoy every minute (sleeping and awake)! :)

    ReplyDelete