Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Three Weeks

It's hard to believe that Staley is 3 weeks old today.  It's an odd feeling because it's hard to imagine life without her, yet it's hard to think that her first 3 weeks of life have already flown by.  She's growing quickly!  At her 2 week check-up, she had regained all her weight and had already grown a full inch in length.  I can tell her hair is getting longer too.


I took this picture yesterday.  This was her 'going-home-from-the-hospital' outfit.  Her newborn clothes still fit her weight, but obviously her length is turning her pants into capris, especially in her one-piece outfits.  Luckily, it's a balmy 72 degrees inside our house, so capris are acceptable. 

I know everyone talks about how quickly children grow up.  I do not want to take one day with Staley for granted.  This is our time together, and I'm trying to soak it all in before her capris turn into shorts.


1 comment:

  1. Keep savoring each moment Ellen! My "baby" turns 5 this year and will start kindergarten in the fall! I can vividly remember many moments of his first days (with the help of his scrapbook), but the sweet day to day things slip away. Blog about it all...we'll enjoy it and you'll love looking back on it!

    ReplyDelete