Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, March 7, 2011

My Competition

Most mornings when Staley is waking up for the day, Zach is already at work.  So Staley and I always have special time with just the two of us each week-day morning.  Staley will look at me and smile at me and talk to me after I feed her before we start our day.  Well, this morning, she discovered something special that was much more interesting than her mother...the ceiling fan.  Instead of looking at ME and smiling at ME and talking to ME, she focused her attention (and her smiles) at the ceiling fan.  I still talked and sang and tried to get her attention, but the most I ever got was a fleeting glance before her attention returned to her new favorite.  I knew the day would come when I'd have to fight for my daughter's attention, but I figured it would come sometime in the tween years and that I'd be competing with friends or boys or video games.  Quite the blow to my ego when I realized that my competition for my daughter's attention is a ceiling fan...and that the ceiling fan is winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment