Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One Way to Get What You Want

Staley loves to have her hair washed.  She screamed through her first bath right after birth until they washed her hair.  Even during those first 2 weeks of the much-dreaded sponge baths, she would always calm down when it was hair washing time.  And even though she loves her bath time now, hair washing is still her favorite part.  She gets her bath and her hair washed every other day, which seems like plenty for a girl who doesn't yet play outside, eat real food, sweat, or engage in any other messy activities.  However, Staley has seemed to think that hair washing needs to occur more often.  I'm sure she had to ponder long and hard how to communicate this need to me.  As advanced as she is, verbal communication is still lacking.  She does not yet have the motor skills or dexterity to wash her own hair.  And I haven't quite become proficient in interpreting all the squeaks, squeals, grunts, and cries to the point where "I want you to wash my hair" is evident.  So Staley had to become creative.  Now, when I put her down on her play mat in the morning while I take my shower, she has figured out that spitting up on her mat and rubbing her head in it always results in an impromptu hair washing.  She has done this not once, not twice, but five times now (even when I've waited more than an hour after feeding her.)  You'd think there would be a better way, but I can't deny that it is effective.  My smart little girl gets what she wants...one way or another.

2 comments:

  1. Muaahahahaha, it's all over for you guys now - there's a new Sheriff in town!

    ReplyDelete