Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, April 8, 2011

Lessons Learned

Top 10 Lessons From my First Day Back at Work:

1.  I learned that after being off work for 3 months, I can fill a day with cleaning out my inbox, reading e-mails, making phone calls, scheduling patients, and getting up-dated on what I missed.  My first day of work didn't really involve too much actual work.

2.  We learned that there is a big difference between fresh milk from the refrigerator and frozen milk stored in the freezer.

3.  We learned that the difference in milk means the difference between Staley drinking from her bottle like a champ and refusing to drink from her bottle at all.

4.  We learned that when Staley is hungry and the fresh milk she desires isn't available, she has the ability to scream and cry for an hour and a half straight.

5.  We learned that frozen milk from April, although not ideal, is more tolerable than frozen milk from February.

6.  We learned that Janis Joplin calms even the hungriest and saddest of babies, thus resulting in FINALLY taking the frozen April milk from a bottle.

7.  We learned that screaming and crying for an hour and a half straight is hard work and requires a 3 hour nap to recover from.

8.  I learned that hearing my frustrated husband and screaming child on the phone was the saddest and hardest part of my return to work.

9.  We learned that morning milk drama does not ruin the whole day, and that Staley and Zach can both recover to enjoy the rest of the day together.

10.  I learned that the best part of going back to work was coming home to a smiling baby and a happy husband who both missed me while I was gone.

2 comments:

  1. This almost made me cry! (and I'm not even a mom!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took Kaden a LONG time to take a bottle from the sitter when I went back to work. It was terrible, but...eventually he learned! I love who he has become because of having to be flexible at that age. Hang in there! Many prayers and much love!

    ReplyDelete