Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, April 15, 2011

An Official First

I never want to label anything 'Staley's First' until I am convinced that it wasn't a coincidence.  So although she's been rolling from her stomach to her back for about a month, I couldn't officially give her credit.  Initially I had to position her arms underneath her for tummy time and pushing up on her arms would cause her to roll over.  (No credit.)  For awhile, she had a strong preference to turn her head to the left during tummy time which would often cause her to tip over and roll.  (Nope.  Doesn't count.)  I've started to challenge her more during tummy time, positioning her arms out to the side so she has to pull them under herself to push up.  (Does this make me a mean mom?)  She rolled over one time like this, but I still didn't want to give her credit as I thought maybe the position I put her arms in made it too easy to pull them under herself.  (Now I'm just being picky.)  But on Wednesday I put Staley down for her nap in her crib on her stomach (don't worry back-to-sleepers...we have a movement monitor) with her arms splayed out to the side and when I went in to get her up from her nap, she was on her back smiling up at her mobile.  So I'm making it official...Staley can roll from her stomach to her back all by herself

And I know this picture has nothing to do with rolling, but I thought it was too cute not to post.
Worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment