Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Playing with Your Food

Staley has invented a new game.  It's a very cute game, but I may be encouraging bad behavior by playing along.  When Staley is eating, she is starting to take breaks to look up at me and smile.  She will eat for a few seconds, look up at me, smile really big, sometimes talk or laugh, eat for a few more seconds, look up at me, smile, talk or laugh, eat for a few seconds...  It fills my heart, and I can't help but smile and talk back.  Of course, now feeding her takes that much longer since we've turned meal time into play time.  And in a few years if my daughter is the child at a restaurant building castles out of her mashed potatoes and sword fighting with french fries, it will be all my fault.

1 comment:

  1. She's just perfecting dinner conversation. Future social butterfly, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete