Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Please Not Yet!!

So this is it.  Today is my very last day of maternity leave...and I'm just not ready yet.

The bad news:  I officially go back to work tomorrow.
The good news:  I will only be working on Tuesdays and Thursdays, giving me five days each week to be home with Staley.
The bad news:  I will have to leave Staley all day for the first time in her life tomorrow.
The good news:  She is staying home with Zach for daddy/daughter day.
The bad news:  I will have to leave Staley all day for two days next week and every week after that.
The good news:  For the next two months, Zach will be home one day each week with Staley and she will get to spend the other day with one of her grandmas, aunts, or close family friends.
The bad news:  I officially go back to work tomorrow.

I do love my job.  I love the work I do, my co-workers, the children and families I work with.  I just love the time I spend with my daughter so much more.  A friend reminded me this week that I am setting an example for my daughter that a woman can be a mom and have a career, and truly love both.  Hopefully one day Staley is proud of the work that I do and chooses to pursue a career that she is passionate about as well.  But all that is in the future.  For now, I'm just hoping to make it through tomorrow.

1 comment: