Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Great Daycare Search

I can't complain.  For these first months of my return to work, Staley has had one-on-one attention from grandparents, aunts, and friends on the two days that I have to work.  This summer, she gets to spend every Tuesday with my mom (Grammy Walles) and every Thursday with my friend (and grade school teacher extraordinaire), Nicole.  But once the summer is over, I have to find a more permanent child care placement for my Staley.  All I want is for Staley to receive the love, attention, stimulation, and healthy environment that I would provide at a reasonable price in a convenient location with only 1-2 other sweet, well-behaved children.  Is that so much to ask?  I've visited 4 places with 2 more on my initial list to go, and so far my socks have not been blown off.  In fact, my socks have stayed firmly in place with the occasional breeze flowing past.  I keep hoping that I will walk into a home and just know that I have found the perfect place for Staley.  So far I've met nice women in (mostly) clean homes who I'm sure would make sure that Staley was safe and looked after, but I'm hopeful that one of my last two places will give me that "this-is-it" feeling when I walk through the door.  I want an outdoor play area and big windows in a clean, organized room full of age-appropriate toys.  I want learning time built into each day and plenty of open floor space for Staley to move and explore.  I want singing time and reading time and a quiet place for Staley to take her naps.  I want an engaging woman who has lots of time to give Staley one-on-one attention.  I want it all!!  But at this point, even a home where the TV is turned off would be a nice start.

No comments:

Post a Comment