Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

The great thing about dads...
They always have time to play.

They help you learn new skills.

They teach you to love what they love.

They let you try out their 'toys'.

They love you unconditionally.

And they will do anything to make you happy.

I know a lot about great dads.  I have one.  From reading books (with all the fun voices) and singing silly songs before bedtime... to teaching me to shoot baskets and going running with me... to driving hours for college track meets and writing me funny letters while I was working at summer camps... to walking me down the aisle and dancing with me at my wedding... to calling me regularly and taking me out to lunch during the work day... to dropping everything to come over and comfort me after a failed IVF attempt... to now sharing his constant love and affection with his new granddaughter, my dad has always been there for me.  I have always had high, high expectations for the father of my children because of the loving, attentive, devoted father that I grew up with.  And Zach has lived up to those expectations without fail.  Which is not surprising since Zach has a great example of what a father should be from his own dad, who is the most selfless, hard-working man I know.  Mark would do anything for his children and grandchildren...the love he has for them is so evident in everything he does.  I hope one day Staley realizes that not everyone has a great dad, and that she knows just how lucky she is to have the best dad in the world.  I know I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment