Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, July 29, 2011

It's Not the Carrots. It's the Cook.

Staley actually really likes carrots.  She just doesn't like the homemade baby food carrots that I made.  I was feeling so proud about being frugal and healthy and domestic when I made my own baby food for Staley. When we started with the homemade carrots, Staley gagged and cried and spit them out.  Naturally, I thought she just didn't like carrots.  The homemade sweet potatoes went over well, so we moved on to homemade green beans.  Again with the gagging and the crying.  I was curious, so I bought some Gerber's baby food green beans and carrots...and Staley ate them without a single gag.  I've concluded that some of my homemade baby food is not as smooth and creamy as the store bought, and apparently Staley does not like the texture.  Hopefully we can slowly introduce some more texture into her diet.  Otherwise, Zach and I will be eating a lot of pureed vegetables for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I could never get carrots to be creamy. I'm sure you've studied up on the subject of baby food making, but I would steam everything and then usually add more water when I was pureeing it. I made almost everything the first time around. Second time around...I didn't have as much time!! Both my girls liked the MumMum rice things too. So when Staley's ready, she'll have to try those!

    ReplyDelete