Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, July 8, 2011

Show Her What It Means to be Loved

There is a song on the radio.  It's about parents who find out that their unborn daughter may not live long.  The doctor asks what they want to do and the chorus is:

I want to give her the world.
I want to hold her hand.
I want to be her mom for as long as I can.
I want to live every moment until that day comes.
I want to show her what it means to be loved.

I don't generally cry, but this song makes me cry every time I hear it.  This chorus is my anthem.  That is what my prayer is as a mother.  I want to give Staley the world.  I want to hold her hand, being there to walk beside her through the joys (and, unfortunately, the sorrows) that she will experience.  I want to be the best mom I can be for as long as Staley and I have together on this earth.  I want to cherish each and every moment that I have with Staley.  I could never have imagined the strength of the love that a mother feels for her child until Staley was in my life.  I don't expect Staley to truly understand the depth of my love for her, just as I couldn't fathom how much my mother loves me until I had Staley.  But as best as I know how, I want to show Staley how much she means to me, how she has changed my life, how I would do anything for her.  I want to show her what it means to be loved.

1 comment:

  1. No matter how many times you hear about a mother's love- you don't know how powerful it is until you experience it. Staley is a lucky little girl :)

    ReplyDelete