Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Permanent Wave

I mentioned in Staley's 7 month post that she had started waving, but not consistently.  Well, scratch the 'not consistently' part.  Staley is a waving machine!  She waves all the time.  She waves at us when we get her out of bed in the morning and when she is getting her diaper changed.  She waves when people come, when people go, and when people aren't paying attention to her.  She waves at the cats.  She waves at cars.  She waves at dogs and trees and herself in the mirror.  And Staley doesn't have the ordinary open-and-close-my-hand wave that many babies use.  She has adopted a more Miss America style wave (although trust me...pageants are NOT in her future) with her arm extended, hand open, using forearm and wrist movement to communicate her greetings.  I waited a few days to type this post, hoping to get a cute waving picture to share.  I still haven't captured the moment on film, so you'll just have to close your eyes and smile as you imagine my sweet Staley happily waving her hello to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment