Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, November 18, 2011

To Nap or Not to Nap

For Staley, that seems to be the current question.  Staley has always been a good night-time sleeper.  Her daytime napping habits are bit more questionable.  For the past several months, Staley has been taking two naps during the day.  Her morning nap averages about 1 1/2 hours and her afternoon nap averages about 45 minutes to an hour.  Over the last few weeks, however, Staley will not take an afternoon nap for me.  She will usually take an afternoon nap for her baby-sitters and will often fall asleep in the car if we are driving home from afternoon errands, but it's not pretty if I try to put her down for an afternoon nap at home.  Crying, screaming, standing up in her crib, red eyes, snotty nose.  So there have been a number of days lately where Staley only gets one nap--and that's usually her hour or two in the morning.

What to do?  I could run errands in Peoria or Bloomington every afternoon to provide 30-40 minutes of napping on the ride home.  I could hire a baby-sitter to come put her down for her afternoon nap every day.  Or we could move her nap later in the day and make the transition to one nap.  Option 3 seemed the most logical, so I decided to put the plan into action starting today (which would give me 4 days to trial a new schedule before my next day of work.)  Staley woke up at 6:30, so my goal was to have her nap around 11:30.  She made it to 10:15.  Guess maybe we'll have to run some errands in Peoria this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment