Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, November 7, 2011

When Bad Things Happen to Good Skills

I wanted Staley to be able to transition into sitting by herself.  I worked with her on transitioning into sitting by herself.  I cheered for when she started transitioning into sitting by herself.  She smiles and claps for herself when she transitions into sitting.  Transitioning into sitting is a good thing...most of the time.  Over the past few days, when Staley wakes up in the morning or from her naps, we will go in her room to find her sitting up in the middle of her crib, smiling at us over the top rail.  It's very cute and she is very pleased with herself.  This morning, I put Staley down for her morning nap.  She cried for a few minutes and then stopped.  However, she hadn't drifted off into peaceful dreamland like I thought, because a few moments later I heard her happily talking to herself.  I looked into her room and she was sitting up in her crib.  I went in, laid her back down, patted her back, and left again.  She cried for a few minutes and then stopped.  Fast asleep?  Nope!  She was sitting up in her crib again.  I tried one more time, although this time she was sitting herself up even before I left the room.  So my little girl got to stay up for another hour before falling asleep while nursing, exhausted from her delayed morning nap.  I guess I just need to explain to Staley that transitioning into sitting is a good thing...but so is napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment