Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, December 5, 2011

Meeting Santa

The concept of a large, strange man hidden behind a mask of facial hair who spys on you throughout the year and then sneaks into your house once a year is creepy. 

Staley agrees.

Now the sleigh and presents...that's okay.

I'll be honest--since I can be on my own blog.  I think the Santa thing is overdone.  I'm not sure I like the idea of tricking my child into believing something that's not true.  I prefer the idea of teaching Staley about the true meaning of Christmas.  I wasn't sure about doing Santa pictures this year, but State Farm decorates the atrium with different Christmas backgrounds, lets you take pictures with Santa, and gives a gift to the children of employees, so we took advantage of the opportunity.  Staley liked seeing the other kids.  She liked her gift.  The jingle bell that the elf was ringing was pretty fun.  So the overall experience was positive.  But Santa...well, we both still think he's a little bit scary.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment