Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hello, Hello...Hat?

When Staley woke up this morning, I heard her through the monitor talking and playing in her crib.  I heard her saying 'hello, hello' (which is her 'word' for phone) and then 'hat.'  Over and over.  Hello, hello...hat.  Hello, hello...hat.  I was confused.  Usually she talks about things she can see, but I knew that her phone was in her diaper bag and her hats were in her dresser.  I looked in her room, and Staley was sitting in her bed with her socks off (of course.)  She was taking her sock, putting it to her ear, saying 'hello, hello' and then putting it on her head and saying 'hat.'  Hello, hello...hat.  Hello, hello...hat.  How fun to see Staley's imagination emerge!!  And how good to know that not only can a sock keep my foot warm, it can also help me stay in contact with friends and keep the sun off my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment