Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, January 20, 2012

Looking Forward

I've had a number of people ask me if Staley turning one was hard for me.  And to be honest, it wasn't.  Am I amazed at how quickly this year has flown by?  Definitely.  Did I love each of the little stages that Staley has already passed through to hit this milestone birthday?  You bet.  I couldn't get enough of my newborn baby falling asleep on my chest and napping there for hours.  I cherished those first few gummy smiles.  I shared in the joy of Staley discovering her hands, her feet, her toys, her world.  I was so proud when Staley rolled over, sat up, stood up, clapped, crawled, said her first word.  But I don't dwell on those stages because each new day brings us more joy, more pride, more memories to cherish.  I still can't get enough of my baby girl.  It's hard to believe that Staley is one, but it's not sad.  It's not hard.  It just makes me grateful for the year we've had and ready to experience what Staley's next year will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment