Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, January 23, 2012

New Obsession

It's always interesting to me what people get obsessed with.  My 3 year old nephew knows WAY more about trains than I do, and my husband can recount specific plays in Chicago Bear's games that happened 10 years ago.  Everyone has that one topic that they can talk about endlessly.  And whether it's trains or sports or music or travel destinations, I admire the passion and enthusiasm that each individual can bring to their favorite topic.

Staley discovered a new obsession on Saturday...and she has been talking about it ever since.  Staley spent part of the day on Saturday with my parents.  My dad was watching a basketball game on TV, and Staley was mesmorized.  When Zach went to pick her up, Staley was excitedly talking about it.  Ba-ba-ball.  (Basketball)  Up.  (They shot the ball up in the air.)  Done.  (The game ended and the TV was turned off.)  Zach thought that the game had just ended, but apparently she had been going through the same sequence (ba-ba-ball, up, done) for the past HOUR since they had turned off the game.  She mentioned it a few times yesterday, and then could barely finish her lunch today as she kept telling me about it.  Ba-ba-ball.  Up.  Ptschhh.  (The swish sound that Grammie taught her that she just started doing yesterday.)  Done.  I'm not sure what it was about the basketball game that captivated her, but I love the excitement and enthusiasm she displays when talking about it.  I love how she is putting several words together to tell a story.  And although ba-ba-ball, up, done is a pretty short story that leaves out a few small details of the game, it makes me smile to see my daugher so excited...and I love that she wants to share her excitement with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment