Signs that my baby girl is growing up:
1. Staley has moved from her infant carrier into her convertible carseat. Although still rear-facing, she loves sitting up higher and looking out the window.
2. Staley is now putting 2-3 words together when talking. She says things like 'hat off' or 'daddy please' (translation: I want to see daddy) or 'box in please' (translation: I want to play in my new carseat box) or 'go bears' (no translation needed). Although most of her conversations are still in single words, she is finding new ways to get her ideas across.
3. Staley can count to 6 by herself. She loves to count and she will hold up her fingers (just the index ones) to indicate that she wants to start counting. It's so cute!!
4. Staley's understanding of ideas and words continues to grow exponentially. She knows that on and off applies to clothing, as well as to electronic toys, lights, and appliances. When anyone sneezes, she always says 'bear, ah-choo' because one of her favorite books ('Bear Snores On') has a part where the bear sneezes.
5. Staley's imagination and pretend play is emerging. When playing in her carseat box (a new favorite past-time), she loves when I knock on the box and say 'little pig, little pig, let me come in' so that she can say 'no, no' and then (contrary to the story) she likes to be the one that huffs and puffs and blows. And when playing with her Little People house, she not only activates all the sounds, but now she will put the people in bed or in the bathtub or in their chairs. Last night, she was trying to put the Little People baby in the refrigerator (indicating that she is not yet ready for the responsibility of baby-sitting.)
I can't stop my baby from growing up. All I can do is sit back and enjoy all the fun moments that fill our days.