Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, March 16, 2012

A Letter to a Dear Friend

Dear Spring,

Boy, how I've missed you!!  I didn't realize exactly how much I've missed you until you showed up at my doorstep this week.  Warm and sunshiney, you make the world a happier place.  I love putting on my t-shirt, kicking off my shoes, and playing in your presence.  I have been spending some quality time with you and your friends Porch Swing, Playground, Sidewalk Chalk, and Stroller.  You bring out the best in me!  I feel more relaxed, happy, energetic.  You motivate me to work out.  You beckon me to blow off housework and laundry.  You are the reason I skipped my errands today and went to the zoo instead.  I am so thankful that you are here, but I know that our relationship is a rocky one.  You may leave without warning.  You will eventually let the hot summer sun run you off.  I wish I could convince you to stay forever, but I know that thought is futile.  So I am going to enjoy my time with you, however long it may be.  Thanks for making my week so wonderful.  Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the simple pleasures you bring.  Thanks for always coming back.

Your forever friend,

Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment