Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Helping

'Helper.'  This is one of Staley's words and one of Staley's fun activities.  As we were preparing for our trip to St. Louis a few weeks ago, I was at the computer booking our hotel.  Staley walked into the office, a pair of Zach's socks in one hand and dragging one of Zach's t-shirts behind her.  She looked at me with a big smile and said, "Helper.  Daddy."  Now I'm not exactly sure how much help it was to Zach that Staley was taking off with the clothes he was trying to pack, but she was so proud to be trying.

Although Staley has always enjoyed being a part of the action when I am doing chores, she has recently been participating in a more helpful fashion.

Putting away groceries

Putting her cup in the dishwasher...

...and then closing it

Giving the cats their treats

She also enjoys opening the mail, throwing things in the garbage, and putting away the laundry.  And I don't care that now my groceries are in the refrigerator like this...


and the laundry is put away like this...



My baby girl is so pleased with herself when she helps me out.  And I love my little helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment