Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Watch What You Say...

...because little ears are listening, a little mouth is repeating it, and a little mind is remembering it all.  My talkative little girl is adding to her vocabulary by leaps and bounds.  I stopped keeping track a long time ago (because I just couldn't keep up), but she probably has several hundred words that she uses spontaneously.  She repeats so much of what she hears now, even things we don't think she is paying attention to.  Which is why she has referred to me several times as 'Ellen' (a habit I am NOT encouraging), has called her Grammie Walles 'honey', has found humor in repeating a part of Uma's funny story (over and over again), and even mentioned the 'stalker' that Zach and I were talking about.  That's right.  The word 'stalker' is now in my 14 month old's vocabulary.  Oops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment