Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chicago

We just returned from a fun overnight excursion to Chicago.  And just like everything I do as a first-time parent, I learned something new.  And this is what I learned...

1.  I learned that we don't HAVE to get a hotel suite when we travel, because Staley did great falling asleep and sleeping all night while sharing a room with her parents and grandparents.

2.  I learned that Staley enjoys watching the 'fast runners' finish the 10-mile race inside Soldier Field.

3.  I learned that saying 'good job, Daddy' and 'good job, Grandpa' are well within Staley's abilities.


4.  I learned that pushing a stroller allows you to use the accessible entrance at the Shedd Aquarium, thus avoiding the extremely long line to get in the front door.

5.  I learned that the $8 general admission fee for the aquarium allows you to see almost nothing...thus requiring you to instead spend $28/ticket.  Highway robbery.  But the $28 tickets did allow Staley to enjoy the sharks, the dolphins, the penguins...and her favorite, the beluga whales (that surface and spout water into the air).

6.  I learned that the sirens during the Memorial Day parade on State Street were a little worrisome, but not enough to keep Staley from enjoying the parade.  And I learned that the drums are AWESOME!

7.  I learned that even balmy, crowded, small hotel pools are super-fun!!

8.  I learned that a 20 minute nap in the stroller is enough rejuvination to keep Staley from napping in the car on the ride home.

9.  I (happily) learned that Staley can stay awake and entertain herself for a 2 1/2 hour car ride without getting fussy once.  All she needs is some catchy kid's music, 2 stuffed animals, several books, a few princess figurines, and her socks and shoes.

10.  I learned that traveling with Staley remains easy...and fun...and well worth doing again and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment