Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's Always Mother's Day Around Here

When talking with other moms about Mother's Day, it seems pretty universal.  On Mother's Day,  moms want to be recognized.  They want to be pampered.  They want a little time to themselves.  They want dad to step up and realize how much a mom really does in a given day.

When hearing about what other moms want for their special day, I realized that EVERY Sunday is Mother's Day at our house.  We sleep in until around 7:30, when our 16 month old alarm clock wakes us up with happy talking in her crib.  Zach gets Staley up and fed while I take my 'long shower' (something I look forward to all week) and get ready for church.  After church, we come home and I play with Staley while Zach makes his famous blueberry pancakes for lunch.  Zach puts Staley down for her nap.  If I want to go running or read or catch up on e-mails or watch something on television, I can.  When Staley wakes up, we spend fun family time together--playing in the driveway, going for a walk or a run, visiting the park, hanging out in Staley's playroom.  Every Sunday, I have time for myself.  I get pampered.  I change very few diapers.  I don't cook.  I get to spend time with the family I love.

I'm not trying to make anyone jealous.  I'm not trying to rub it in that when Zach is home he is actively involved in everything from diaper changes to bath time to play time.  I'm just sharing the facts.  And the fact is...ZACH ROCKS!!  So happy Mother's Day to me...every week.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to think I had something to do with how much Zach rocks. BUT----during the time Zach and Jill were home Dad's weren't as hands on as a lot of Dad's are today. Mark was and is there for me all the time. I did have time for myself. I felt loved and appreciated. Many days felt like Mother's Day. I think he is a terrific Dad (even with Mad Dog and Mean Dad) and husband. Zach is so much like his Dad.

    ReplyDelete