Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Father's Day List

Why My Daddy is AWESOME:  A List by Staley Sancken

1.  My daddy always lets me get my own little cart at the grocery store.  And if I'm with him and ask to go to the grocery store for the sole purpose of pushing my own cart around (even if we don't need any groceries), he'll still take me.

2.  My daddy takes me for rides on his lawn mower tractor.  Even when the grass doesn't need it.  Even if it means he'll need more gas.  Even if it's hot and sunny and he just got off work.  All I have to do is ask.

3.  My daddy dances with me every night before bed.  And if I ask, he'll even dance with me to Justin Bieber.

4.  My daddy lets me pick out my own outfits and bows when he dresses me. 

5.  When my daddy reads books to me, he does all the fun voices.

6.  My daddy plays whatever I want to play.  He's great at sidewalk chalk and balls, but who knew he'd also be so good at playing tea party and princesses??

7.  My daddy takes me swimming...and it's so fun.  My favorite part is when he holds me up high and then goes under the water.

8.  My daddy pushes me high in the swing.  I love to go higher, higher, higher...and my daddy always obliges.

9.  My daddy makes me pancakes every Sunday.  I love pancakes!  My daddy makes me fish for dinner.  I love fish!  My daddy grills brats.  I love brats!  My daddy makes the best grilled cheese.  I love grilled cheese!  My daddy knows how to make all my favorites.  I love my daddy!

10.  My daddy fixes things.  If something is broken (not working, needs batteries, needs to be inflated), my daddy will make it work.  I like to say, "Daddy fix it."  And he always does.

11.  My daddy is fun and loving and silly and strong.   He says 'yes', makes time, laughs lots, and will do anything for me.

12.  My daddy loves me more than anything in the world!!  And I love him right back!


No comments:

Post a Comment