Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tales from the Grandmas

I cannot keep up with blogging about all the cute things that Staley says.  She communicates so well, and she says things that amuse and amaze me on a daily basis.  As I try to think of where to start to remember this fun, fun, fun time in Staley's life, I feel overwhelmed.  Where to start?  So I'm going to start with cute things that Staley has shared with other people.

Staley spent the day a few weeks ago with her Uma (Zach's mom) and she spent the day today with Grammie (my mom).  While at Uma's house, Staley was fascinated by watching the hummingbird eating out of the hummingbird feeder outside Uma's window.  The bird would fly off and Staley would call out (in a bossy voice) "COME BACK" (and then in her sweet, Staley voice) "tiny bird."  "COME BACK tiny bird." 

My mom told stories for preschool story time at the Eureka Public Library today.  Staley went with her, and sat with Miss Robin (one of Staley's many librarian friends) while my mom told stories.  Apparently all the preschool children were sitting in a semicircle around the room waiting for the stories to start.  Staley walked right into the center of the circle, looked at the kids, and said "Hi people."  She then sat with Miss Robin to hear the stories.  One of the stories was 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff,' which is a story that my mom has told Staley on several occasions.  As my mom was taking a dramatic pause in the story, Staley finished her sentence for her.

It's so fun for me to hear what Staley has to say, and to tell people about her.  But it's also fun to have other people share their special Staley stories with me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment