Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, September 21, 2012

Smarter Than Her Mom

Staley has a great memory, and she loves learning new things.  Her current fascination has been with trucks, trains, and construction vehicles.  We recently checked out several books from the library that had pictures of a variety of these vehicles.  Staley loved to look through these books and point out everything from the giant excavator to the dump truck to the car transporter.

The other day, Staley and I were playing outside.  A man from the neighborhood was driving down the street in a small construction vehicle.  The excitement was palpable.

Me:  "Staley, look!!!  Do you see what that man is driving?"
(All the while, I was racking my brain trying to come up with what type of vehicle it was so that I could tell Staley more about it.  I knew I'd seen it in one of her library books.  Was it an end loader?  A forklift?  I just wasn't sure.)

Staley:  "Man driving skid steer."

So there you have it, folks.  At 20 months, my daughter knows more than I do.  At least about skid steers.

No comments:

Post a Comment