Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, October 5, 2012

Domestic Goddess

Staley has always loved to be my little helper.  But recently, doing 'chores' has become Staley's idea of a good time.  Given the choice, she'd rather sweep the driveway than draw with sidewalk chalk.  Washing dishes now trumps playing with refrigerator magnets.  And helping Mommy cook or bake...well, there's nothing more exciting than that.  I love that Staley finds such pleasure in these activities.  It's also a little ego boost (however misguided) that my daughter thinks I'm quite the little homemaker.  She likes to push her vacuum or cook in her little kitchen 'just like Mommy.'  I wonder how long it will take her to realize that her mother's domestic abilities are about on par with her mother's musical abilities.  (Probably around the same time she asks me to stop singing to her at night.)  Let's hope we still have a little time to live in this make-believe world...because I like it here. 

Staley can happily spend 20-30 minutes 'washing' dishes in the sink.

Taking a rest break from putting away groceries

Helping Mommy cook

My little domestic goddess

1 comment:

  1. She is SOOO cute! I love the ponytails picture, but it makes her look so old!!!

    ReplyDelete