Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Manipulation

Staley is learning how to get what she wants.  I was cracking up today, sitting here listening to her through the monitor after I put her down for her nap.  Some naptime snippets for your enjoyment:

S:  "Mommy!  Come here.  Real quick.  One second."
S:  "Mommy!  I tangled.  My blanket tangled."
S:  "I want different blanket.  Mommy!  I want different blanket."
S:  "I want different bear.  I want pink bear.  Mommy!  All done green bear.  I want pink bear."
S:  "Blanket fall off.  Mommy fix it.  Mommy!!  Fix blanket."

After about 15 minutes of her running commentary, Staley is now napping sweetly in her crib...with green bear and her tangled blanket that is probably off her.  Staley didn't get what she wanted this time, but I did...a soundly napping girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment