Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Keeping Me Humble

I watched my almost 4-year old nephew, Elliott, yesterday morning for a few hours.  Kids just have a way of keeping us humble.

Elliott:  "Aunt Ellen, your belly's getting kind of big."
Me:  "Why do you think my belly is getting big?"
Elliott:  "You're probably eating too much food."

Okay, so I can't really deny that fact.  Makes me rethink polishing off the Halloween candy and that package of Zingers that were calling my name in the vending machine at work.

A little later, we were playing grocery store.  Elliott had a 'scanner' and was telling me how much things cost.

Me:  "How much does this apple cost?"
Elliott:  "One dollar."
Me:  "How much does this banana cost?"
Elliott:  "Two dollars."
Me:  "How much do I cost?"
Elliott:  "Five dollars."
Me:  "How much does this bag of candy cost?"
Elliott:  "One hundred dollars."

So in Elliott's eyes, I am slightly better than an apple and banana, but my value falls well short of candy.  Nothing like a 4 year old's honesty to keep things in perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment