Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, November 26, 2012

She Says...

Last night at dinner, Staley was sitting in her highchair while I was putting the last few things on the table.  I placed Staley's plate with her veggies in front of her, and then I put a bag of pretzels on the table.  Before I had said a word and before Staley had taken a bite of her dinner, she said, "I want pretzels.  Mommy say eat veggies first."  That little girl has got me figured out.

Today, Staley and I were driving around town doing some errands.  Staley said, "Mommy driving.  I riding in carseat.  We going fast like gazelle."  I'm not sure how 'fast like gazelle' translates into speed limits, but hopefully it's around 30 mph.

When Staley is looking at something that she doesn't know what it is, or looking at book that she doesn't know the title, she will ask, "What's that look like supposed to be?"  I guess there's nothing wrong with combining two questions into one to save a little time.

Staley has a pair of gold, glittery dress shoes that her Uma bought her.  She LOVES those shoes.  Anytime I ask her to go get a pair of shoes before we go somewhere, she always chooses those ones.  This morning, as we were getting ready to run our errands, I told Staley to go get her tennis shoes.  She responded with, "No.  I wear my sparkly glitter shoes from Uma."  And so, my fashionable little girl wowed today at the library and the grocery store in her pink courderoy pants, her striped sweater, and her gold glitter shoes.

Staley is still figuring out relationships.  She knows her grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins.  She knows her friends.  She is beginning to figure out that people can hold several different titles in her life.  On Thanksgiving morning, she was looking for "my friend Grandpa."  Today at lunch, Staley told me, "Mommy, you are my favorite sister.  And Elliott is my favorite brother."  I guess we still have a little work to do with those terms.

Not a day goes by that I don't hear something amusing from my little girl.  She keeps me smiling, keeps me laughing, and keeps my heart filled to the brim.

No comments:

Post a Comment