Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Letter

Disclaimer:  Many of you have probably already received this Christmas letter, and there is still a batch on it's way.  However, because this blog is as much for Staley and our family to remember our day-to-day moments, I wanted to include our Christmas letter in the blog.  To keep you from thinking it was a waste of time to check a blog that is posting old-news information, I have included a new Christmas-y Staley photo at the end of this post.  Enjoy!  :)


The Christmas Letter 2012
A literary work by Staley

My life is very busy.  I have toys to play with, cats to pet, naps to take, Tupperware to remove from the cupboards, songs to sing, baths to play in, and I’m still expected to be in bed by 7:30 every night.  In the midst of all that I have to accomplish in a day’s time, now my mom expects me to write a Christmas letter AGAIN!  I know last year’s letter impressed a few readers with my grasp of the written English language, but now that I’m almost 2, I’m worried it will be more difficult to live up to the expectations.  But because it was either writing this or putting away all the blocks I just dumped out in my playroom, I’m going to give it a go.  (At least with letter writing, I get to play on the computer.  And trust me, I dumped out A LOT of blocks.)
We’ve had a very good year around here.  Last year, I was just a baby.  Now I’m a big girl.  I’m fast.  I’m adventurous.  I’m talkative.  I’m opinionated.  I’m social.   I’m happy (although, for the record, I’m always happier when I’m getting my way.)  I love playing with my friends and my cousins, reading books, pretending, swimming, playing toys, singing, and keeping Mom and Dad on their toes.  And, of course, I’m a huge Chicago Bear’s fan.  Mom likes to keep track of everything I’m doing, so she writes about me and puts pictures of me on our family blog.  If you want to know more about what I’m up to, you can check it out at http://ezsanck.blogspot.com.
Mom and Dad have lots of favorite things, but I am at the top of the list.  Mom still works 2 days/week at the Children’s Hospital in Peoria as a pediatric occupational therapist, and that gives me time to play with my friends at the baby-sitters.  Otherwise, we have lots of fun playing at home and going on outings together.  Dad works all week, so he just has to live vicariously through my stories of trips to the zoo, the pool, music class, the grocery store, and the library.  He’s sad to miss out, but he really likes his job as an accountant at State Farm and always finds time to do fun things with me when he gets home.  Dad also finished his MBA in June, so now he’s not in class every other week-end anymore.  That’s a bonus for me!!!  He’s still on the Eureka City Council, teaches an accounting class, fixes things around the house, and makes the best pancakes ever.
Jake and Elwood are my best friends.  They sleep a lot and stay out of my way when I’m running around, but I love to pet them and share my toys with them and give them treats.  I give them lots of love.  Someday maybe they’ll reciprocate.
I got to go to the beach for the first time this year.  We spent a week in Pentwater, MI with my aunts and uncles and cousins.  Sand is awesome!  Water is awesome!  Staying in a house with my cousins is awesome!  To sum up, Pentwater was awesome!  We also went to St. Louis, Chicago, and Madison, WI.  I haven’t met a zoo, aquarium, Children’s Museum, or hotel pool I didn’t like.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that by April, I’m going to be a big sister.  I love my baby dolls and I like playing with other kids, so I’m guessing I’ll like having a baby brother or sister.  I don’t expect life to change around here for me too much when the baby comes.  It’ll probably be like having a new toy, only better.  Right??
Well, I think that about covers what happened around here this year.  Hopefully Mom has picked up all my blocks by now.  I think I’m going to go dump them back out.  I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

With love,
Staley (and my parents too)

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment