Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, December 3, 2012

Experiencing the Magic

Christmas time is here!!!!  I love Christmas!  It's one of my favorite times of year.   I still experience the wonder of Christmas, and I'm so excited to see it through the eyes of my child.  The lights, the music, the decorations, the cookies, the joy, the giving.  I believe in the magic of Christmas, in celebrating the birth of our Savior with joy and love.  I can't wait to share this magical time of year with Staley.

We kicked off our holiday season in style this year.  On Friday evening, we drove to Monticello to take a ride on the Polar Express.  A train ride, hot chocolate, cookies, music, dancing, a conductor who punched your golden ticket, a visit from Santa, your very own bell...what's not to love?!

According to Staley, Santa getting too close is what's not to love.

But other than a little short-lived Santa sadness, Staley was all smiles and laughter.

Pretty pleased with her golden ticket

A little family trip to the North Pole.

Holding tight to her new bell.

And I must still believe, because I heard her bell ringing throughout our car ride home until one tired little girl fell asleep.  And because one tired little girl insisted on sleeping with her bell that night, it was the sound I awakened to in the morning as well.

The Polar Express was the kick-off, but our holiday festivities were just beginning.  On Saturday, Staley got to enjoy a Santa visit and photo ops at State Farm. 

This Santa was tolerable...

...but the rocking horse was way better.

State Farm Santa also gave Staley a $10 gift card to Toys R Us, so we followed up our visit with a trip to the toy store.  We gave Staley some pretty cool $10 options to choose from, but she found a tiny stuffed kitten for less than $1 that she decided was what she wanted.  Her deciding factor?  "It's just my size." 

And to top off our Christmas extravaganza week-end, we also went to pick out our Christmas tree.  Staley was quite taken with the flocked Christmas trees, but unfortunately for her, she was out-voted. 

Notice the 'just her size' kitty in her right hand.

Celebrating Christmas has always filled me with joy.  But watching Staley experience the wonder of Christmas...well, nothing can compete with that!





No comments:

Post a Comment