Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Christmas List

Most years, I can come up with at least a few items I want for Christmas.  Clothes or books or something for the house.  My Christmas list over the past several years hasn't been lengthy, but it hasn't been blank either.  This year, I struggled with a Christmas list.  Sure, there are things I want.  But the things I want can't really be wrapped up nicely under a tree. 

My Christmas List
1.  I want our house projects to be completed before Peanut arrives.  We are in the process of finishing our basement, which will then house our office so our current office can be a nursery.  Having that all completed prior to bringing home a baby in April would be so nice. 
2.  I want Peanut to continue to grow and develop into a healthy and happy infant.
3.  I want to feel confident that I have the ability to parent both a newborn and toddler...at the same time.
4.  I want more time.  Time to complete projects and organize rooms and clean out closets and spend time with friends without taking away from my time with my daughter, my husband, or my sleep.
5.  I want new toys.  For Staley, yes.  But also for me.  I'm so excited about what Staley will be getting for Christmas, partly because I know she'll love everything she's getting and partly because I'm getting tired of playing with her current toys.  One of the downsides of a January birthday is there is a long hiatus before a surge of new toys occurs again.  Staley and I are both ready.

This is my Christmas list for this year.  So if Santa can figure out how to make all that happen, I might reconsider my stance of believing in him.

And really, when I already have this...

 
how could I possibly need anything more???

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready for new toys too!! We're in the same boat that our girls get tons of stuff between Christmas and January birthdays...but that make for 11 months of NOTHING in between! I'm so excited for their new stuff! And if you get the gift of more time, please tell me where you found it! I could really use some of that too!!

    ReplyDelete