Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, January 21, 2013

HUGE!

I am 30 weeks along with Peanut, and there is no doubt.  I am getting BIG!  The polite, politically correct individuals tell me things like, "Your baby is really growing" and "You sure are blossoming."  But I also get statements like, "You look like you could have that baby tomorrow" and "Are you sure you're not having twins?"  Even my Prompt Care doctor this week-end, when looking at my belly and listening to baby's heartrate said, "You sure look bigger than 29 weeks."

And it's an indeniable fact.  I took pictures each week of my growing belly with Staley, and I'm doing the same with Peanut.  Comparatively, my Peanut belly now looks like my Staley belly at about 36-38 weeks.  The other day, I was telling Zach that I feel like I'm as big now as I was right before I had Staley.  My ever-thoughtful, reassuring husband informed me, "You just don't remember correctly.  Right before you had Staley, you were HUGE!  I mean, you're big now, but you were HUGE!!"  Ummmm...thanks?

Me and Peanut...living large at 29 weeks

Along with my big-ness (and maybe related to my big-ness), there are several other differences I am noticing with this pregnancy.  I definitely have a few more pregnancy related aches and pains, which I never really had with Staley.  I have more difficulty getting comfortable for sleep, more back pain (although part of that might also be due to carrying around a 2 year old), and more numbness (primarily my right foot falling asleep frequently and some numbness in my upper back periodically.)  Peanut is also definitely a mover and a kicker.  Staley moved around quite a bit, and I never quantified it so I can't really compare, but I feel like Peanut moves around A LOT.  And not just dainty kicks and shrugs.  I think he/she is having a gymnastics competition in there.  I love all the movement, the reassurance all those somersaults and cartwheels provide, but with all that movement, sometimes I wonder...maybe it is twins???

Staley thinks so.  Whenever anyone asks her if she thinks she's going to have a brother or a sister, she generally answers, "I will have two babies.  One brother and one sister."  Of course, if my 2 year old knows more than my OB about the number of babies I'm having, I think I'm going to need to find a new doctor.  On the other hand, I may feel more justified about my belly size.  Because it's definitely big.  Apparently not yet HUGE, but definitely big.

No comments:

Post a Comment