Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, January 4, 2013

Still Not Ready

Alternative Title:  Potty Time-Take 2

Several months ago, Staley showed an interest in using her potty (which has been well documented in this blog here and here.)  She lost interest and returned to her blissful existance of diapers and sporadic potty sitting when she felt the need for an M&M.

On Sunday of this past week, I had to go into work for a few hours in the morning.  Apparently, when Zach was getting her dressed for the day, she said, "I don't need a diaper.  I wear big girl underpants."  So when I returned home from work, Staley happily told me all about the Cinderella underpants she was wearing.  She wore her underpants all day on Sunday (except during nap), successfully used her potty once, and didn't have an accident until the very end of the day.

So Monday morning, we picked right up where we left off employing the potty training tool kit--underpants, potty sitting, M&Ms.  Unfortunately, despite multiple potty breaks, Staley had not one, but two accidents Monday morning.  After her second accident, she said, "I don't want my underpants.  I want my diaper."  And since then, she does not want to wear her big girl underpants and has generally been asking to sit on her potty only when she wants an M&M.

She's still young.  We're not rushing her.  I know it will come.  But apparently right now, she's still not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment