Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Lesson in Etiquette

On Thursday I was in the elevator at work with another employee at the hospital.  She is someone that I pass occasionally in the halls and recognize by sight, but don't really know.

Looking at me, down at my belly, and back up at me she said, "You're still working?"
I responded, "Yup.  And probably for another 2 months."
Looking at me, "REALLY?"  Down at my belly, "WOW!"  Back up at me, "REALLY??"

Lesson in etiquette:  That kind of incredulous commentary is not really helpful.  Maybe come up with something else to say.  Or don't say anything at all.  Just the opinion of one pregnant individual who feels bigger by the day...but still has about 2 months to go.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! I think you look great- you are all belly. People don't know when to keep quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was there to stick up for you!!! Was it Tall Glass of Water??? :)

    ReplyDelete