Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sleep Up-date

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about some sleeping difficulties that we were experiencing with Staley.  I don't really believe in jinxes, but I'm still going to cross my fingers and knock on wood that writing this post isn't going to backfire on me.

I wrote the previous post after a rough night where Staley repeatedly got out of bed, kept saying she was 'scared', and ended up with Zach sleeping in her room.  This was preceded by Staley not staying in her bed for naps and a week of early rising.  I was getting nervous that this was the start of some bad sleep habits that I wasn't prepared for.

Since that post, things have turned around.  I don't know if we can attribute the positive changes we're seeing to all the positive thoughts and prayers that people sent our way or the re-introduction of the pack-and-play for naptime or the room darkening curtains that I invested in.  My guess is that it's a combination of all three. Regardless of what brought about the changes, I am so glad to say that Staley has become a sleeping champion once again.

We have only had one other night where Staley got out of bed in the middle of the night and it simply required carrying her back to her room, tucking her in, kissing her good-night, and leaving without so much as one tear.  (She may not have even been fully awake.)  We have heard no more talk of being scared at night.  With the room darkening curtains and pack-and-play, Staley has napped almost every day (which she wasn't even doing before her transition to her big-girl bed.)  She still sleeps in her big-girl bed at night, but has been sleeping in until after 7 (and sometimes closer to 8) most mornings.

I'm not going to question why Staley went through that (very short) phase.  I'm not going to dwell on what it was that changed to make it all better.  I'm just going to be thankful that things have turned around and my sleep is once again plentiful and restful...at least for 2 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment