Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, March 18, 2013

The Final Countdown

One week.  Seven days.  169 hours and 15 minutes.  Ready or not, Peanut is coming.  I am officially scheduled for my c-section on March 25 at 4:00 p.m.  One week from today.  And as much as I've anticipated and thought about and dreamed about the day I get to meet our little Peanut, it's hard to believe that it's almost here.

We are ready.  The nursery is done, the carseat's installed, our bags are packed, and my freezer is stocked.  But as excited and ready as I feel, I am a little sad about the end of the focusing-on-one-child era in my life.  Today as Staley and I went to the library and the grocery store, I kept thinking about how different (and more difficult) little outings like that will be with two.  On Friday, Staley and I painted pottery.  This week-end, Zach and I took Staley to the new museum in Peoria and tonight we are taking her to meet the Easter Bunny in Bloomington.  I'm savoring these moments where my thoughts and my focus and my attention can solely be on my one child.

I know there will be more noise, more mess, more chaos in our home with two children.  I know there will be more grocery shopping, more laundry, more picking up.  I know there will be less time, less sleep, less order.  Those things make me nervous.  But I also know there will be more laughter.  There will be more love.  There will be more hugs and kisses and shared moments.  There will be more games and more sharing and more playing.  Our life with two children will just be MORE than it is now...and I'm ready to embrace that.  And in one more week, that journey will start.

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna do great! And...you gotta love March birthdays! Staley's is super close to mine and Peanut's is close to Kaden's (He's 7 on March 22!!!), so I love that I have those connections to you and your kiddos!

    Keep breathing, savoring, and praying!

    ReplyDelete