Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, March 22, 2013

We've Come a Long Way

Our basement is finished!!  It's not furnished.  It's not organized.  But it's finished.  Which means the office furniture has a home, no more construction dust, and Staley has a new fun area to run around in.  I love it!!!

Quite out of character, I did not take any 'during' pictures of the process to finish the basement.  (Guess I had other things on my mind.  :))  You'll just have to imagine the framing of the walls, the obscene amounts of drywall dust, plumbing work, electrical work,...  However, for your enjoyment, I do have some before and after pictures.

Before-Before:
Before we had the new basement put under the house, THIS was what we had.  It was dank, dark, smelly, scary, and made me think twice about whether or not the tornado alarms really warranted a trip into the basement.



This was the room in the basement that was full of coal.
Yes, coal.

During:
We endured months (and months and months) of construction to put a new basement under our home in the summer of 2011.


After-Before:
The end result of those months of construction?  A modern, finishable basement.


After-After:
And now...it's finished!

Family room

Office

Bathroom

We also have 2 more storage closets and a large storage room, but I just wasn't sure they were picture-worthy.  What I am sure of is that I LOVE that the basement is done before Peanut is here.  I love that we have the extra living space and oh-so-much storage.  And I love that, if there's a tornado, I could happily spend hours in the safety of our nice, fresh, clean, finished basement.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE!!! I especially love that it was done before the baby. Way to follow a timeline Sanckens!

    ReplyDelete