Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mission Accomplished

I did it!  I know it's nothing to brag about.  I know it's not an uncommon feat.  I know millions of people do it everyday.  But I'm still going to admit...I'm proud of myself.

Today was my first solo flight as a mother of 2.  Zach was home for the first 2 weeks of Adelie's life, and then my parents helped me out for the first few days this week.  But today I was on my own.  We were all up, dressed, showered, and fed by 10:00.  (Not amazing, but we did all sleep until 8, and I was pleased that I was able to fit in both a shower and breakfast on my first solo day home.)  We even ventured out to the library and the grocery store.  Sure, I may have broken the quiet-in-the-library rule with a crying baby and true, I was out in the community in my stretchy pants with no make-up, but I was able to safely get 2 children out of the house, into the library, through the grocery store, and back home with no major issues.  And it felt good.  A shower, a grocery trip, and two napping children is enough for now.  Home alone with 2 kids and no catastrophes:  mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment