Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, April 12, 2013

So Over It

Staley is two.  All things considered, she's a really easy two year old.  She is happy and fun and sweet and generally compliant.  She is so good to Adelie with no real signs of jealousy.  She picks up her toys, usually eats what's on her plate, goes to bed without issue, and entertains herself well when I am otherwise occupied.  Tantrums are not a big issue.  Sharing and playing nicely with others comes very naturally.  So what's the issue?

Getting dressed.  Staley wants to pick out her own clothes. I'm generally fine with that, but she wants to wear the same outfit EVERY day. Her twirly princess dress. Specifically her 'I love to twirl' twirly princess dress. If it's dirty (or still hanging in the laundry room, which it stays quite often these days), then finding an alternative is tricky. Staley has a closet full of cute clothes. Yet she finds it difficult to narrow down her choices and my 'helping' choose an outfit, narrowing her choices, or just picking something generally ends in tears.

I am sympathetic to I'm-hurt tears.  I can empathize with I'm-scared tears.  I-don't-feel-well tears and I'm-really-very-tired tears are understandable.  But two year old things-aren't-going-my-way tears and I-don't-want-to-wear-that tears...I'm so over them.

My happy girl in a twirly dress
 

My other little girl who will wear anything I put on her without issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment