Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Perfect Storm

Take a 2-year old little girl.  Sweet, loving, wonderful little girl.  Give her a low-grade fever, hacking cough, and runny nose over several days.  Mix in 2 consecutive days with a nap of less than 45 minutes, a full day of playing outside, a night of restless sleep with multiple wakings, and an early morning wake-up.  What do you get?

You get...
...crying because I put an ice cube in her water and she wanted it 'warm.'
...crying because I needed to change her diaper.
...crying because I couldn't carry her and her infant sister at the same time.
...crying because I took the wrong heart dress out of her closet.
...crying because she wanted her tray on her booster for breakfast.
...crying because she was done eating and I didn't get her out of her booster quickly enough.
...crying because she wanted me to play upstairs with her while I was downstairs feeding her sister.

And my favorite...
...crying because her hair was in her eyes (and sticking to the snot that was running down her face from being sick and crying.)  I pushed her hair behind her ear and told her that I'd get her a bow to keep the hair out of her face.  More crying.  Why?  She didn't want a bow because Rapunzel doesn't wear a bow.  REALLY?????

I looked at the clock.  It was only 8:30, and I was already worn out.  What's a gal to do?  Call Uma, of course.  Staley's Uma came over and played for an hour and a half.  With Uma's help, my morning drama queen became her laughing, giggling, happy, playful self.  And after Uma left, Staley ate a good lunch, wanted to snuggle and cuddle for music and books time, and then went down for an early nap without any fuss.  Here's hoping it's a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Hm. That kind of sounds like my day without illness or sleepless nights. and I meant my EVERY day. Hope she feels better soon! And if you start to miss crying over random things, you can always borrow Lila. Really.

    ReplyDelete