Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, April 15, 2013

Why?

Why is it raining?
Why doesn't Elliott like the green jello?
Why is that child in the grocery store crying?
Why is Liam sick?
Why is that truck driving by our house?
Why is our neighbor playing in his backyard?
Why is that dog barking?
Why isn't the neighbor's cat outside?
Why is the thunder in the sky?
Why?

Staley is curious.  She is inquisitive.  She wants to know.  And what is it that she wants to know?  Why????  I didn't know there were so many 'why' questions that could be asked in a given day.  I didn't realize that there were so many questions that I wouldn't know the answer to.  And I certainly didn't plan on having to explain things like weather systems, germ transport, and animal psychology.  Because honestly, I can't.  And, unfortunately, my 2-year old daughter wants to know 'why?'

No comments:

Post a Comment